The Hallux Magazine Team would like to congratulate to all student organization that submitted their work for this year’s first annual writing competition. There were so many great and profound pieces of literature, our judges had a tough job but a final decision was made! Bellow are the results:
- 1st Place – “Mission Possible, One Sole at A Time”
- Authors: Lily Skeel. Christina Han-Souksavong Ma, Juan Ceja Solorio
- School: California School of Podiatric Medicine
- 2nd Place – “Off to the Races”
- Authors: Stephen Rockhill, Alex Bischoff
- Student Org: American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine, student club
- School: Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- 3rd Place – “Can Community Service and Similar Opportunities Cultivate Compassionate Physicians?”
- Authors: Alexandra Brown, Stephanie Golding
- Student Org: ACFAS student chapter
- School: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
- Mission Possible, One Sout at a Time (CSPM)
- Off to the Races (DMUCPMS)
- Can Community Service and Similar Opportunites Cultivate Compassionate Physicians (TUSPM)
- Lessons in Service (DMUCPMS)
- Podiatric Care in the City of Brotherly Love (TUSPM)
- Uncovering a Hidden Gem (DMUCPMS)
- Recognizing Your Past to Prepare You for Your Future (TUSPM)
- The Rigid Backbone of Running (SCPM)
- Making Your Life Richer Through Volunteering (TUSPM)
A big thank you to our three special judges who read all the pieces. Thank you for your time and dedication!
The 1st Annual Hallux Magazine Writing Competition initiated by Roberto De Los Santos and Zehra Kazmi is to inspire and recognize Podiatry Medical Student writers for their community service contribution at a national level. The writing competition plays a role in enhancing emerging student leaders while also expanding the audience for this literature. A total of $1,400 cash prize will be divided among the 9 schools to support the writing team and help them focus on their continued local community service mission.
Visit the Writing Competition section to learn about rules and regulations to compete for next year, 2020 cycle!