Why is there an increase in suicidal rates in residency?
For decades, the podiatric profession did not appear particularly concerned with the topic of burnout, and podiatric processionals have been excluded from all large-scale survey-based research studies conducted on burnout across a number of medical specialties. In recent years, however, the phenomenon has continued to gain increasing recognition and concern from major podiatric medical societies. This special edition titled “Hello, Burnout” takes a look at the emotional topics of anxiety, depression, and maintaining motivation.
Authors: Alexandra Brown, Tiffany Cerda, Diksha Mohapatra, Elizabeth Ansert, Roberto.
- Part I: Hello, Burnout – Dr. Calvin Rushing
- Burnout: Its Disastrous Effect on Providers & Patients
- Part II: Hello, Burnout – Dr. Joel Robinson
- Part III: Hello, Anxiety – Anonymous Interview
- Part IV: Hello, Depression – Dr. Dini & Dr. Starrett
- Motivation: Finding Motivation in Residency
- Part V: Hello, Motivation – Dr. Siddiqui
- Part VI: Hello, Motivation – Dr. Rimawi
Have the urge to write something? Are you motivated to publish something worth sharing? Want to give advice, helpful tips, or podiatry news to the younger generation? Visit our Authors section before submitting. Get in contact with us and one of our student journalists will reach out to you. We hope to get from people around the world that way.