The 2nd Annual Hallux Magazine Writing Competition initiated by Roberto De Los Santos and Zehra Kazmi started in 2018 is to inspire and recognize Podiatry Medical Student writers for their community service contribution at a national level. The writing competition plays a role in enhancing emerging student leaders while also expanding the audience for this literature. A total of $1,400 cash prize will be divided among the schools to support the writing team and help them focus on their continued local community service mission.
Application Open: March 1st, 2020
Deadline: March 31, 2020
- HALLUX MAGAZINE Writting Comp 2020 (click on link to download pdf)
- Please submit this with your full application
- Must be a current, good standing, podiatry student club organization identified by their university/college in the U.S., respectfully.
- Must be written by 2-4 authors as a group to represent the organization. Entry cannot be done by a single author; the idea is that this is a team effort.
- Only one submission per student club is accepted, per entry.
- Must be written by current podiatry medical students in their 1-4 year. Cannot be written by staff, DPM, or director.
- Submission of the body should include Title, authors full name, the name of the school, and 1,000-2,000 words. Plagiarism will not be tolerated and will not be included in the judging competition.
This contest will run from March 1, 2020, through March 31, 2020. Deadline is 11:59pm, March 31,2020 Pacific Standard Time. Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
One winner per school will be chosen, for a total of 5 winners. Each will receive a 50$ donation to their service organization, along with certificates of excellence to the authors, and their written piece will be featured on HalluxMagazine.com. These 5 winners will move on to the next round of judging where 1 overall winner will be chosen.
- 1st place – 500$ + certificate + personal interview + honorary shirts
- 2nd place – 250$ + certificate
- 3rd place – 100$ + certificate
- 4th place – 50$ gift card
- 5th place – 50$ gift card
- Is your submission 1,000-2,000 words long?
- Does it have a unique title, with all the authors’ names on it, and school name?
- Did you include the Hallux Magazine Writing Competition Application Form?
- Deadline is 11:59pm, March 31,2020 Pacific Standard Time.
- Email to email@example.com