The Hallux Magazine Team would like to congratulate to all student organization that submitted their work for this year’s annual writing competition. There were so many great and profound pieces of literature, our judges had a tough job but a final decision was made! Below are the results:
- 1st Place – “Little Things Can Make A Big Difference”
- Authors: Tiffany Cerda, Marika Jackson, Rose Mary Wilson
- School: Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine
- 2nd Place – “The Power of Many”
- Authors: Elizabeth Oh, Karanjot Kaur, Emily Shibata, Suzie Martikyan
- Student Org: American Association of Women Podiatrists
- School: Western University of Health Sciences
- 3rd Place – “A Letter from the Front Lines”
- Authors: Amar Alkhafaji, Mitchell Booth
- Student Org: APMSA student chapter
- School: Demoines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- Little Things can make a Big Difference (BUSPM)
- The Power of Many (WUHS)
- A Letter from the Front Lines (DMU CPMS)
- Do Podiatrists Owe Americans an Answer? (DMU CPMS)
- Progress Towards Parity (TUSPM)
- A Foot in the Gutter, It’s Right Up Our Alley (DMU CPMS)
- Healing Soles (CSPM)
A big thank you to our three special judges who read all the pieces. Thank you for your time and dedication!
The 2nd Annual Hallux Magazine Writing Competition initiated by Roberto De Los Santos and Zehra Kazmi is to inspire and recognize Podiatry Medical Student writers for their community service contribution at a national level. The writing competition plays a role in enhancing emerging student leaders while also expanding the audience for this literature. A total of $1,400 cash prize will be divided among the 9 schools to support the writing team and help them focus on their continued local community service mission.
Visit the Writing Competition section to learn about rules and regulations to compete for next year, 2020 cycle!