The life of a 4th-year podiatry medical students is unique, fun, stressful, difficult, and demanding. This is because you are now doing 3 major things: traveling to externships, studying for Boards, and preparing for interviews. This is a once in a lifetime experience, you will never get a chance to do something like this again.
However, at the end of your 4th your, after it is all said and done, you will have conquered something big, because you have now matched to a residency program and are about to enter the next chapter in your life. Here is some reflections and advice for 4th-year students.
Title: Hindsight in 2020:Reflections and Advice for 4th Year Students
Authors: Alex Brown, Yuna Fara, Rafay Qureshi, Samantha Zdanowicz, Elizabeth Ansert DPM, Eric Swenson DPM
- Shadowing Prior to Externships by Alex Brown
- What did you use to study as a 4th year? by Yuna Fara
- CRIP Reflection by Samantha Zdanowicz
- Preparing for Interviews by Rafay Qureshi
- Preparing for Intern Year: What I Wish I had Done by Elizabeth Ansert
- Residency Interviews: From the Other Side of the Table by Eric Swenson
Have the urge to write something? Are you motivated to publish something worth sharing? Want to give advice, helpful tips, or podiatry news to the younger generation? Visit our Authors section before submitting. Get in contact with us and one of our student journalists will reach out to you. We hope to get from people around the world that way.