Public health is an interdisciplinary field who’s main goal is to prevent the spread of diseases in a population. Public health plays a important role in disease prevention in developed and underdeveloped countries through organized health groups such as the World Health Organization (WHO).
The field of public health has become a popular subject with the current COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. With this in mind, our student editors reviewed topics to answer the questions…
What is public health?
How can I be apart of it as a podiatrist?
Enjoy the following interviews to gain knowledge on the field of public health. A special thanks to all our student leaders who asked the tough questions to bring the most optimal informative information for students to read and learn.
Authors: Mariam Ebrihami, Nishu Vora, Elizabeth Ansert, Roberto De Los Santos
- I – What is Public Health? by Roberto De Los Santos
- II- Masters of Public Health Degree for Podiatrists by Roberto De Los Santos
- III-Q&A With Dr. Shih DPM, MPH by Mariam Ebrihami
- IV- Population Health: An Overview by Elizabeth Ansert
- V- Public Health NOW: COVID-19 in the U.S. by Nishu Vora