There are several interesting stories to be written about podiatry. We accept them all! Our Student Corner is open to all creative, news, journalistic, and poetic writing. This is a peer-reviewed publication magazine that accepts articles submitted from current podiatry students and podiatry residents in the U.S. and internationally.
- Medical Mission Trips – Write about any podiatry related mission services aimed at helping local communities.
- Medical Vacation – More and more patients are traveling outside the US to get surgeries and/or medical treatments performed due to the rise in medical expenses. For example, a $1,600 root canal here is $120 in Mexico.
- The Future of Medical Technology
- Current events in medicine
- Maximize shadowing at the podiatry office
- What to consider when applying for podiatry school,
- applying for externships
- applying for residencies
- What residency directors are looking for in an application.
- You are in Med School. What advice do you have to pre-podiatry students?
- Politic questions during residency interviews
- The difference between first year and third-year podiatry school
- Things I should have known before starting 4th-year externships
- How to shine during interviews
- How volunteering helped my application process
- How to approach the subspecialties in podiatry (wound care, sports med, pediatrics, trauma, etc.)
- The financial struggle
- Putting together your resume
- Podiatrists vs orthopedics
- Ways your thinking changed after becoming a doctor
- How to manage stress during boards.
- How to overcome medical school burnout
- How to stay sane while entering boards.
- Should a student take a gap year?
Q & A
- From a medical school admission team
- Follow up on your favorite podiatrist making an impact
- Follow up on Dean’s of schools
- Follow up on national podiatry association presidents, staff, or members
- An open letter to their younger self
- Anything relating to podiatry or medicine
- Photojournalism or event pictures accepted. Description or short article is included for our readers to understand the photo setting.