The 1st Annual Hallux Magazine Writing Competition initiated by Roberto De Los Santos and Zehra Kazmi is to inspire and recognize Podiatry Medical Student writers for their community service contribution at a national level. The writing competition plays a role in enhancing emerging student leaders while also expanding the audience for this literature. A total of $1,400 cash prize will be divided among the 9 schools to support the writing team and help them focus on their continued local community service mission.
Deadline: March 31, 2019, applications are now closed
Prompt: Why is it important for podiatry medical students to be involved in community service/medical mission? How has your organization made an impact in the local community? (1,000-2,000 words)
- HALLUX MAGAZINE Writing Comp 2019(click on link)
- Please submit this with your full application
- Must be a current, good standing, podiatry student club organization identified by their university/college in the U.S., respectfully.
- Must be written by 2-4 authors as a group to represent the organization. Entry cannot be done by a single author; the idea is that this is a team effort.
- Only one submission per student club is accepted, per entry.
- Must be written by current podiatry medical students in their 1-4 year. Cannot be written by staff, DPM, or director.
- Submission of the body should include Title, authors full name, the name of the school, and 1,000-2,000 words. Plagiarism will not be tolerated and will not be included in the judging competition.
This contest will run from March 4, 2019, through March 31, 2019. Deadline is 11:59pm, March 31,2019 Pacific Standard Time. Please email your submission to email@example.com.
One winner per school will be chosen, for a total of 9 winners. Each will receive a 100$ donation to their service organization, along with certificates of excellence to the authors, and their written piece will be featured on HalluxMagazine.com. These 9 winners will move on to the next round of judging where 1 overall winner will be chosen; they will receive an additional 500$ donation, PrePodiatryLife t-shirts, a personal interview for Hallux Magazine, and a Glass Award Trophy with personal engraving.
- 9 Winners, one per each school: 100$ + certificate + published writing
- 1 Grand Prize Winner overall: above prizes + 500$ + t-shirts + interview + trophy
- Is your submission 1,000-2,000 words long?
- Does it have a unique title, with all the authors’ names on it, and school name?
- Did you include the Hallux Magazine Writing Competition Application Form?
- Deadline is 11:59pm, March 31,2019 Pacific Standard Time.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org